Inserting a favorites icon (aka favicon)
What is a favorites icon?
A favorites icon – also known as a favicon, shortcut icon, or website icon – is an icon that appears in the page tab and address bar of your browser when a particular site is displayed.
Favorites icon on Internet Explorer
Wild Apricot allows you to display a custom icon for your site in place of the default one. This allows you to create a unique icon that uniquely identifies your Wild Apricot site.
|On Google Chrome, the favorites icon only appears on the page tab, not on the address bar.|
Icon file requirements
Your favorites icon must satisfy the following requirements:
- File type: .ico
- Image size: 32x32 or 16x16 pixels
Uploading and linking to the favorites icon
Follow these steps to upload and link to your favorite icon:
- Go to the File management page (Settings > Site settings) and upload your favorites icon to the Pictures folder.
Uploading your favorites icon
- Under Site settings, click Meta-tags (for search engines).
- In the Raw Headers section, paste the following code:
replacing <filename> with the name of the icon file. For example, if your icon file was named favicon.ico, then the link code would appear as:
- Click the Reset all pages to use this button.
Applying the link code
- Click Save button to save your changes.
- Log out of your account to reload your site and see the results.