Adding a new contact manually
Everyone stored in your Wild Apricot database is a contact. A contact may be a member of your organization, but doesn't have to be. Instead, a contact could be a donor or event attendee without necessarily being a member.
There are several different ways you can add contacts to your database.
- Manually add them one at a time (see below)
- Import them in bulk from a spreadsheet (see Importing members and other contacts)
- By setting up a membership application form, event registration form, donation form, or subscription form on your Wild Apricot site so that visitors can sign up as members or for events, donations, or email subscriptions and thereby automatically add themselves to your contact database
To manually add a contact to your database, follow these steps:
- Under the Contacts menu, select List.
- Click the Add contact button.
- On the next screen, fill out the contact's details. In the password fields, you can assign a password to the contact. You must fill in at least one of these fields: First name, Last name, Organization, Email. If you want to store more information about contacts, you can add your own common fields.
- Click Save.
The contact is now added to your contacts list. When you add a contact manually, an email with their password is not automatically sent. You can email the password to the contact by clicking the Email new password button from the Login details section of the Contact details tab on their contact record.
To make the contact a member, click the contact within your contacts list, then click the Membership tab. From the Membership tab, click the Assign membership button. On the other contact details tabs, you can view and modify other contact details.