ArtText allows you to create fancy looking text with special effects like 3D and drop shadows. You can use ArtText to produce exciting and colorful headings for your site header, site pages, and event descriptions.
When you create a piece of ArtText, you can choose from a variety of fonts, styles, and colors. When you save it, an image file is generated containing the text and style that you have chosen. This way, you can be sure that the heading you have created will be the same for every visitor to your site no matter what kind of computer or browser they are using.
To add ArtText, follow these steps:
- Either select existing text to use as the basis for the ArtText or wait to enter your text in a subsequent step.
- Click the ArtText icon within the content editor toolbar.
- In the ArtText dialog that appears, you enter your text if you hadn't done so before selecting the ArtText option.
- You can choose any of the predefined ArtText styles from the Style drop-down, or individually select the font, point size, text color(s), and effect color(s). A preview of your ArtText design appears at the top of the dialog.
- Once you've modified the ArtText to your satisfaction, click the OK button.
Your plain text will now be replaced with an image of the stylized text you just created.
To modify existing ArtText, position your pointer over the ArtText, then click the Settings option in the bottom right corner.
The ArtText dialog will appear again, allowing you to make changes to your design.
To clear the ArtText so that the text returns to its unformatted state, click the Clear ArtText button within the ArtText dialog.