Authenticating API access from a Wild Apricot site page
For information on authenticating from a 3rd-party server or application, see Authenticating API access from a 3rd-party server or application.
Authorizing your application
To authorize an application for access to your Wild Apricot account, follow these steps:
- Hover over the Settings menu and select the Security option.
- Within the Security settings screen, select the Authorized applications option.
- Within the Application authorization screen, click the User authorization option then click the Continue button.
- From the Application details screen, copy the Client ID value. This is the value you must pass within your API calls.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Accessing the API
An account-specific URL is used to access Wild Apricot's API from Wild Apricot site pages:
where your_account_url is your Wild Apricot domain name.
For example, instead of:
you would use:
Passing authorization information
Each API call made from within a Wild Apricot site page must include the client ID value that is generated when you authorize your application (see above). The authorization information verifies your account and prevents others from accessing your data.
For example, within jQuery code, the call might appear as follows:
Access to Wild Apricot data will be limited by the access permissions of the currently authenticated user. Consequently, the API cannot be accessed within public pages that do not require user authentication.