Adding a blog to another website
To embed a widget into another website, you copy the embed code then paste it into the other site's HTML code.
Getting the widget code
To obtain the code you need to embed a Wild Apricot blog on another website, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings menu.
- Within the Widgets section, click Widgets code.
- If you added more than one blog gadget to your Wild Apricot site, click the selection button beside Blog and select the blog gadget you want to embed.
- Right click over the code that appears beside the selection button and copy the code to the clipboard.
You can now paste the copied embed code into the HTML code for the page on your other website.
Changing colors and fonts
To customize your embedded Wild Apricot widget so that it appears like a seamless part of your other website, you modify the appearance of the corresponding gadget in your Wild Apricot site. You can control the appearance of the widget by choosing a website theme, customizing the colors and styles, and for more advanced fine-tuning, using CSS customization.
For blog widgets, you can modify the following elements from the Colors and styles screen:
Blog post title
Gadgets or Gadget styles (Blueprint, Clean Lines, Dark Impact, Fiesta, Firma, Homestead, Showcase, Skyline, Terra, and White Space themes)
|Blog post author||Author|
Blog (Bookshelf, Clean Lines, Dark Impact, Fiesta, Firma, Homestead, Showcase, Skyline, Terra, Tinted Tiles, Whiteboard, and White Space themes)
|Blog post date and time||Date and time||Blog (Bookshelf, Clean Lines, Dark Impact, Fiesta, Firma, Homestead, Showcase, Skyline, Terra, Tinted Tiles, Whiteboard, and White Space themes)|
|Blog post content|
General formatting or Typography
|Add post, Post, Add Comment, Cancel buttons||Normal/Hover||(Clean Lines, Dark Impact, Fiesta, White Space themes) Functional buttons|
|Read more, Comment, Edit, Delete links|
Blog (Firma, Terra, Tinted Tiles themes)
|Icons used on mobile version||Icons||Blog (Clean Lines, Dark Impact, Fiesta, Firma, Homestead, Skyline, Terra, and White Space themes)|
Any changes you make will also be applied to blog gadgets on your Wild Apricot site pages.
Using CSS, you can:
- remove the author's name from blog
- remove administrator names from blog posts
- remove the (Administrator) designation from blog posts
- hide the RSS icon
Any changes you make will apply to your Wild Apricot site pages as well as your embedded Wild Apricot widgets.
- Widget code copied before June 27, 2013 requires visitors to your non-Wild Apricot site to have third-party cookies enabled in their browser. Widget code copied after that date will not work if third-party cookies are disabled for all sites.
- You cannot embed a widget on a page within the same Wild Apricot site.
- You cannot embed multiple Wild Apricot widgets on the same page.
- Clicking the Forgot Password link will take users to your Wild Apricot site.
- Links in forum subscription emails will take users to your Wild Apricot site.
- Social login buttons will not appear on the Authorization required system page when someone clicks the Login button from a widget.
- Widgets are designed for use on other websites and can’t be used on your Wild Apricot website. Use gadgets instead.