Bookshelf theme set
The themes in the Bookshelf theme set are fully responsive and mobile friendly. Like the simpler and more easily customized Whiteboard themes, Bookshelf themes scale down automatically to different screen sizes.
The Bookshelf theme set is part of a series of themes designed for business and trade associations. Though designed with library and teacher associations in mind, Bookshelf themes can be used by any type of organization, particularly if you want to take advantage of its responsiveness and its theme-specific functionality (see below).
Themes within the Bookshelf theme set
The Bookshelf theme set consists of the following:
|Theme name||Theme colors|
By default, responsiveness is enabled in all Bookshelf themes. You can, however, disable the responsive behavior using theme overrides.
With responsiveness enabled, gadgets will be stacked within a single column on mobile devices, and resized to match the device's screen width. A mobile version of the site menu will be displayed, with a limit of 3 levels in total (main menu plus 2 submenu levels). Only horizontal menus are available for responsive themes.
To disable responsive behavior within Bookshelf themes, follow these steps:
- Enable theme overrides (if you have not done so already).
- Click the link to download the theme files.
- Unzip the theme files to a location of your choice on your computer or network.
- Using a text editor, open the basic.responsive.grid.less file from the Styles folder.
Replace the following lines...
- Upload the modified basic.responsive.grid.less file to the Styles theme folder on your site via File management or WebDAV.
- Click the Rebuild theme button on the Theme overrides screen.
The site will now appear the same regardless of device size.
The Bookshelf theme has a simple but modern design featuring rounded edges and shadows. The selection of gadget styles has been considerably expanded, particularly for donation goal gadgets. For a modern look, we chose OpenSans as the base font, and Oswald as the font for headings.
Bookshelf themes provide theme-specific functionality, including:
- Secondary menu gadget
- Ability to hide the Remember me and Forgot password labels within log in form gadgets, and control whether the email and password labels appear within the entry fields, or outside them
- Expanded selection of gadget styles
- Theme-specific styles for slideshow gadget s
- Theme-specific menu styles
- Ability to control the colors and styles of elements within the upcoming events gadgets, recent blog posts gadgets, and forum updates gadgets through the Typography settings.
Customizing Bookshelf themes
From the Colors and styles screen, you can customize the colors, fonts, styles, and backgrounds of various elements that appear throughout your site. For details, see Color and style settings for Bookshelf and Whiteboard themes.