GoDaddy DNS setup instructions
When you create a Wild Apricot account, you are provided with a free website address. If you already have your own custom domain address, you can use your custom domain name in place of your free Wild Apricot address. If you are using GoDaddy as your domain registrar, follow these instructions to set up your GoDaddy account and Wild Apricot account to use your custom domain as the address for your Wild Apricot site.
Setting up your GoDaddy account
To set up your GoDaddy account to use your custom domain as your Wild Apricot site address, follow these steps:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account at http://www.godaddy.com.
- Hover over your account icon or name, then click the Manage Domains option.
- For the domain that you'd like to use as the address for your Wild Apricot site, click the Settings drop-down and select the Manage DNS option.
Within the row where Type = A and Name = @, click the pencil icon to enter edit mode.
If there is no such row, click Add Record to add one.
- Enter 184.108.40.206 in the Points to field, then click Save.
- Within the row where Type = CNAME and Name = www, click the pencil icon. If there is no such row, click Add Record to add one.
- Enter sites.wildapricot.org in the Points to field, then click Save .
- Within the row where Type = TXT and Name = @ (or your domain name), click the pencil icon. If there is no such row, click Add Record to add one.
- Enter @ in the Host field.
- In the TXT Value field, enter v=spf1 mx include:wildapricot.org ~all then click Save .
- Click Add and select CNAME as the Type.
- In the Host field, enter default._domainkey .
- In the Points to field, enter dkim.wildapricot.org .
- Save your changes.
Adding your custom domain to your Wild Apricot account
To add your custom domain name to your Wild Apricot account, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Site settings, click Domain name management.
- Click the Add custom domain name button.
- Enter your domain name, then click the Save button.
- If you add a custom domain name without the www prefix, we will automatically add domains both with and without the www prefix. If you don't want to use both domains, you can remove one by clicking the Remove button beside the appropriate entry. If you want to keep both, you must designate one at the primary domain by clicking the Set as primary link beside the domain name.