Manual member renewal
There are several ways in which memberships can be renewed.
- Members can renew their memberships themselves through their online profile pages.
- Administrators can set up automatic membership renewals.
- Administrators can process a membership renewal manually.
To manually renew a membership, you start by finding the member's contact record. From the member's contact record, click the Renew button.
On the screen that appears, you can specify the next renewal date, choose whether to send a renewal notice to the member, and adjust common and membership field values.
When you are finished adjusting the membership details, click Save to complete the renewal. Unless the membership level is free, you will be asked to choose one of the following options:
- Activate without invoice – activates the membership renewal without generating an invoice. Choose this option if you do not want to track this transaction in Wild Apricot.
- Generate invoice – generates an invoice for the membership renewal. The member can then pay the invoice online through their profile or by using an offline payment method (e.g. cash, check).
- Cancel – cancels the membership renewal.
If the membership level is free, you will be asked to confirm the renewal.