Accepting online payments using Moneris (eSELECTplus)
Moneris provides an online payment processing service called eSELECTplus that allows you to accept online credit card payments on your Wild Apricot website. Before you can integrate your Wild Apricot site with Moneris, you must have an eSELECTplus merchant account.
Paying using Moneris
Once you've integrated Moneris with your Wild Apricot site, visitors to your site can pay online for membership fees and event registrations, and make donations.
When a visitor fills out an integrated online form on your Wild Apricot website (e.g. membership application or event registration) and chooses to pay online, they will be directed to a secure Wild Apricot payment form to make the payment.
On the form, they fill out their credit card details and their billing information, then click the Pay button to complete the payment.
After the payment is processed, the visitor is returned to the Invoices and payments tab on their member profile, where an invoice will appear, along with a payment entry, if the payment was successful.
Setting up your eSELECTplus account
Before you can set up your Wild Apricot site to accept online payments through Moneris, you must have an eSELECTplus merchant account.
While setting up your eSELECTplus account, be sure to activate the eFraud option. (For instructions on activating this option, contact Moneris directly.)
If you want to set up recurring payments for membership fees, you must enable the Vault feature for your store.
Integrating your eSELECTplus account with Wild Apricot
Once you've set up your eSELECTplus account, you can integrate it into your Wild Apricot site.
What you need to get started
To integrate your eSELECTplus account with Wild Apricot, you will need your store ID and API token.
Your store ID is contained in the welcome message you received from Moneris, and is the same one you use to log into your Moneris administration panel.
To find your API token, log into your Moneris account, click the Admin tab then click Store settings. The 20-digit API token will appear – or can be generated – on this screen.
Payment settings for Moneris
Once you have an eSELECTplus account, follow these steps to integrate Moneris into your Wild Apricot site:
- Under the Settings menu, click Finances.
- From the Finances settings screen, click Payment settings.
- On the Payment settings screen, click the Edit button.
- Click the Payment system drop-down list and select Moneris.
- If you want to begin accepting online payments immediately, click the Live radio button. If you want to test your settings using test or sandbox accounts provided by your payment provider, click the Test/Sandbox radio button. While in test mode, your payment provider will accept or decline your test transactions as it would live transactions, but will not charge any credit cards or update any bank accounts. Wild Apricot will, however, create payment records and update Wild Apricot balances as it would with live transactions. For more information, see Live vs. test/sandbox modes.
- In the Store ID field, enter the store ID associated with your eSELECTplus account.
- In the API token field, enter the API token that appears on the Site settings page in your eSELECTplus account.
- Indicate whether your merchant account is located in the USA or Canada.
- Select the credit card types you want to accept. (These should match what you have set up in your eSELECTplus account.)
- Click the Default country drop-down list and select the country where the majority of your visitors reside. Your selection will appear as the default country to your customers.
- Select the currency you want to use in your transactions.
Note: Do not change the currency after your site begins accepting online payments. If you change the currency, existing payment records will not be recalculated and will no longer display correct amounts.
- In the Instructions fields, add payment instructions to be displayed to your customers.
- Click Save changes.
Now that you have set up your Wild Apricot site to receive online payments, a Pay online button will appear after a visitor to your site clicks the Confirm and proceed with payment button while applying for membership or registering for an event.