Network Solutions custom domain setup
When you create a Wild Apricot account, you are provided with a free website address. If you already have your own custom domain address, you can use your custom domain name in place of your free Wild Apricot address. If you are using Network Solutions as your domain registrar, follow these instructions to set up your Network Solutions account and Wild Apricot account to use your custom domain as the address for your Wild Apricot site.
Updating your domain to point to your Wild Apricot website
- Log into your Network solutions account and click Manage Account.
- Within Account Manager, click My Domain Names.
- Select the domain name you want to change and select Manage.
- In the green box, select Change Where Domain Points.
- Select Advanced DNS.
- Select the type of record you would like to set up.
Set up the A-Record
- Click on Edit A Records.
Set @ (none) to 126.96.36.199 and click Continue.
Creating a sub-domain
If you would like to use a sub-domain instead (e.g. members.myorg.com), then type the sub-domain in the host field, and set its I.P. to 188.8.131.52.
Set up CNAME
- Click on Edit CNAME Records.
- Set www to sites.wildapricot.org and click Continue.
Set up SPF TXT record
- Click Edit TXT Records.
- Add Text record: v=spf1 mx include:wildapricot.org ~all and click Continue.
Setup TXT record for sub-domain
If using a sub-domain instead, then enter sub-domain in the Host field, and set it to:
Setting up your domain in Wild Apricot
Once you have made these changes make sure you add your domain to your domain name management (see Domain Name Management).
On this page: