2.36 - Released on September 23rd, 2008
- Custom URLs - ability to manually assign specific URLs to your website pages. Instead of a system-generated URL like www.abc.org/Default.aspx?PageID=12345, you can use something like www.abc.org/about_us or www.abc.org/about_us.html to point to a specific page. Custom URLs are helpful for Search Engine Optimization, as well as for transferring your old website to the Wild Apricot platform (so that external links will not break).
- Group management - ability to organize members into groups - such as 'Board of Directors', 'Volunteer Committee', etc. These groups are independent of membership levels - one group can include members from different levels. These groups can be used to keep track of member participation in committees, restrict access to website pages to a particular group, or for advanced searches and emails.
- Note: The old functionality 'Group membership levels' has been renamed to 'Bundle memberships' to avoid confusion with the new functionality.
- Set of new design themes ('Notebook') - in 20 different color variations:
- Completed the bulk of work to streamline and rationalize CSS for all the functional pages. After each iteration we check Custom CSS for each client and try to update this ourselves - so most of you would not even notice our changes. Still, as you can imagine, understanding somebody else's code is tough and we sometimes miss spots. Whenever this happens, just let our support team know and we will help to fix it A.S.A.P. Our CSS customization pages have been updated with the new instructions. In the subsequent releases we will revise our Point-and-Click customization functionality to properly control all functional pages.
- We have also continued our work on the invoicing workflow improvements but ended up not including any of the changes we have developed into the current release. These changes affect many aspects of the system, and our Quality Assurance (Testing) team ran out of time to properly and thoroughly test all the details. Since we did not want to delay the release any further, we decided to hide our current work in progress and release everything else. In our next update we will continue our work and release it with all the other updates.
- Many other speed improvements and bug fixes.