5.11 – Released on May 15th, 2017
The Version 5.11 release of Wild Apricot consists of the following changes and enhancements.
- Post-release updates (latest: July 24, 2017)
- Discounts for membership renewals and level changes
- Choose fields to appear on donation forms
- Admins can add contact to event waitlist
- Fewer required fields when creating events
- Opt-in mechanism for CASL
- Hide Member ID field from member profiles
- Bundle admins in alphabetical order when adding to bundle
- Bug fixes
► SHOW ME (4:10)
Post-release updates (latest: July 24, 2017)
The following updates to Version 5.11 have been released.
- 5.11.3 – July 24, 2017 (bug fixes)
- 5.11.2 – June 19, 2017 (Archive contacts button removed, bug fixes)
- 5.11.1 – May 29, 2017 (opt-in enhancement, bug fixes)
Discounts for membership renewals and level changes
Discounts can now be applied to membership renewals and member level changes, as well as new membership applications. When you set up your discounts, you can indicate whether you want the discount to be available for new membership, membership renewals, and member level changes.
You can now also restrict discount use to active members only – excluding those whose renewal is overdue.
Choose fields to appear on donation forms
You can now control which common fields and donation fields appear on donation forms. Within the settings for the donation gadget, you choose which fields you want to include on the form.
Admins can add contact to event waitlist
Administrators can now add a contact to the event waitlist. When the waitlist is enabled, you can click the Add to waitlist button from any event tab to select a contact to be added to the waitlist.
Once on the waitlist, the contact will not receive any further announcements for this event.
Fewer required fields when creating events
Previously, you had to enter the event title, location, start date, and description before you could save the event. Now, you only need to enter the event title and start date.
Opt-in mechanism for CASL
You can enable an opt-in mechanism so that contacts can expressly provide their consent to receive emails from your organization. This is a key component in complying with anti-spam legislation, particularly the Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL) . Penalties for non-compliance come into force on July 1, 2017, with a maximum penalty of $1 million for individuals and $10 million for businesses.
To enable the opt-in mechanism, follow these steps:
- Choose the Organization option under the Dashboard menu.
- On the Organization details screen that appears, check the Enable opt-in option.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
With the opt-in mechanism enabled, you can send consent request emails to your contacts, then track their opt-in status from each contact’s Email settings and log tab.
Two new email templates have been added to help you communicate to your contacts about opting in: one that specifically addresses CASL, and one for generic opt-in requests.
In the future, following the 5.12 release, enabling the opt-in mechanism will also result in a checkbox requesting consent being added to all forms that prompt new contacts to enter an email address.
Hide Member ID field from member profiles
Administrators can prevent the Member ID (aka User ID) from appearing on the member profile by checking the For administrator access only option for the User ID field on the Common fields screen.
Bundle admins in alphabetical order when adding to bundle
When an administrator adds a contact to a membership bundle, the list of bundle administrators is now sorted alphabetically by last name.
A number of bugs have been fixed, including but not limited to, the following:
- Site pages missing after switching themes
- Unable to change slideshow links
- Transparent background ignored for PNG files
- Theme overrides not being applied to .less files
- Restricted website editor unable to add page
- Administrator limit not increased after changing billing plan
- Scrolling position lost after viewing image in site album
- Print button on email template screen prints an empty block
- Secondary menu color styles are being applied only to visited links on sites using Terra Oyster Cove