5.2 – Released on December 10, 2014
The Version 5.2 release of Wild Apricot consists of the following changes, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Post-release updates (latest: March 4, 2015)
- Significant changes
- New features
- Logging in using social network credentials
- Choosing a starting page for members
- Sorting membership levels
- More control over membership renewal
- Locking member privacy settings
- New exporting options
- Site search
- Forum moderator options
- Restrict access to forums by member group
- Restricted access to blogs by member group
- Export registrations across multiple events
- New featured member gadget options
- Payment system changes
- Bug fixes
Post-release updates (latest: March 4, 2015)
The following updates to Version 5.2 have been released.
- (bug fixes)
- 5.2.3 - February 9, 2015 (bug fixes)
- 5.2.2 - January 15, 2015 (new responsive theme, bug fixes)
- 5.2.1 - December 24, 2014 (new responsive theme, bug fixes)
Starting page for members
- Previously: After logging in, non-administrative members land on the first restricted page for their membership level unless they have open invoices or are overdue for renewal.
- Changing to: Administrators can choose where members land after logging in, by selecting a default landing page, and landing pages for specific membership levels. Administrators will still end up in admin view, and members with open invoices will be directed to the Invoices and payments tab in their member profile. Starting page settings will not apply when a member logs in while registering for an event or to enter a blog comment.
Logging in using social network credentials
- Members can log in to your Wild Apricot site using their Facebook or Google+ credentials.
- For sites that use the log in form gadget, the option to display these buttons needs to be enabled within the log in form gadget's settings.
- These buttons will also appear on the Authorization required system page that appears when someone clicks the Login button within a log in button gadget , and at the bottom of each private member profile. To disconnect from your social network without logging off from your Wild Apricot account, click the Disconnect link from the bottom of your member profile.
Choosing a starting page for members
- Administrators will still end up in admin view, and m embers with open invoices will be directed to the Invoices and payments tab on their profile.
- Starting page settings will not apply when a member logs in while registering for an event or to enter a blog comment.
Sorting membership levels
- Within the membership application gadget settings, you can sort membership levels alphabetically or by price in ascending or descending order, or choose the Manual option...
...and determine the order manually by dragging and dropping levels within the list.
More control over membership renewal
- You can set annual renewal periods up to 6 years (previous limit was 3).
- Option to limit renewal to single period ahead.
Option to limit renewal to certain period of time before renewal date.
Locking member privacy settings
- Administrators can lock the privacy settings for individual public profile fields so that the settings can’t be changed by the member within their profile.
New exporting options
- New export formats: XLS (Excel) and CSV (comma separated variables).
- You can now select the fields to be included in the export file.
- You no longer have to wait for the export file to be generated – you can switch to other admin screens and receive a link to the export file by email.
- You can add a site search gadget to allow visitors to search your site for a particular text string.
- Visitors can filter the search results and jump to any of the matching content.
Initially, the search will only be conducted within the content types enabled from the site search gadget settings.
- Unlike Google searches, Wild Apricot searches can include restricted pages (subject to access permissions) and hidden pages (if this option is enabled). From the site search settings, administrators can control whether events, member profiles, and hidden pages – those not included in your site menu – are included in the search results. By default, they are not included.
Forum moderator options
- Move forums topics from one forum to another
- Merge multiple forum topics together
- Move a reply to another forum topic
- Create a new topic from a topic reply
- Control the default order of forum replies using new discussion forum gadget setting (which visitors can change)
Restrict access to forums by member group
- You can now set access permissions for forums by member groups as well as membership levels.
- If you restrict permissions by both membership levels and member groups, then members will be granted the highest permission assigned to the levels and groups they belong to.
Restricted access to blogs by member group
- You can now set access permissions for blogs by member groups as well as membership levels.
Export registrations across multiple events
- Export registrants across all events within events list so you can report on multiple events without having to stitch together multiple export files.
New featured member gadget options
- You can now select a specific member as the featured member.
- You can now choose the label for the link to the member directory page.
Payment system changes
- Ability to manually process credit card payments now supported for BluePay, CRE Secure, Global Payments, IATS, Moneris, PayPal Express Checkout, and PayPal Payflow Pro, as well as PayPal Payments Pro and Authorize.Net.
- Recurring payments now supported for Moneris.
- For 2Checkout, another Direct Return option is now supported: Header Redirect (Your URL).
- The renewal date for multi-year periods was being set incorrectly if there was less than a month between the application or renewal date and the nearest specific renewal date. For example, if the specific renewal date for a 3-year renewal period was January 1st, and a member joined or renewed on December 15th, 2014 the renewal date would be set to January 1st, 2015, so that the member pays the full fee for half a month. Now, t he renewal date for multi-year periods with a specific renewal date will be set to the latest possible date within the renewal period. Using the above example, the renewal date will be set to January 1st, 2017, so that the member pays the full fee for a two year and half month period.
- Several bugs involving exporting dates/numbers in wrong format
- Other export issues involving missing fields
- Duplicate database fields can be created through import
- Events on the same day not shown in chronological order
- Email recipients list is ignored when using a previously sent message as the email source
- Email log not showing automatic emails from payment process
- Deleting a member group does not immediately remove it from the list
- Fixed incorrect renewal date calculation for renewal periods greater than one year
- "Location does not exist" error while adding images to an email template
- Bulk archiving not being reflected in Profile last updated date field