Routing of system emails
You can set up email routing to automatically send copies of system emails to administrators and/or other recipients. For example, you might want your event manager to automatically receive copies of event registration notifications, and your membership manager to get membership-related notifications.
The exact time these automatic system emails are sent will depend on your organization's time zone (see Automatic emails schedule).
For instructions on designating contacts as different kinds of administrators, including event managers and membership managers, see Managing site administrators.
Setting up email routing
To set up email routing, hover over the Settings menu and select the Emailing option. Within the Emailing settings, click the Routing of system emails link. From the screen that appears, you select the recipients for each email category.
Wild Apricot system emails are divided into the following categories:
- Member-related – includes emails such as member renewal reminders, member application confirmations, email subscription confirmation, etc
- Event-related – event registration confirmations
- Donation-related – donation confirmations
- Billing documents – payment receipts, invoices, donation receipt
For each email category, you can set it up so that copies of emails go to:
- Organization contact email – your site's main contact. To change it, select Organization under the Dashboard menu.
- Account administrators – including those with full, read-only, and limited access (e.g. Website editor). For more information, see Managing site administrators. The number in brackets indicates how many people are currently in each category.
- Custom recipient email(s) – when this option is enabled, you can enter one or more email addresses. These emails do not have to be contacts in your database. Multiple emails should be separated by commas.
The numbers that appear within parentheses indicate the number of contacts who have been assigned those roles. For instructions on assigning roles to contacts, see Managing site administrators.
Including administrators and custom emails, you can set up to 25 recipients per category.
List of emails by category
The following is a list of emails that associated with each email category:
Membership and contacts related