Setting Up WebDAV in Windows 7
You can use WebDAV to manage the files in your Wild Apricot account.
To use WebDAV on a computer running Windows Windows 7, you must install Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders. You can download this from the Microsoft Download Center at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64.
After you've downloaded and installed Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders, you can map a network drive to your Wild Apricot account, then connect to the account.
Connecting to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV
To connect to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV on Windows 7, follow these steps:
- From the Windows Start menu, click Computer.
- Within the Computer window that appears, click Map network drive.
Within the Map Network Drive dialog, enter your WebDAV address:(where your_site_url is the URL of your Wild Apricot site e.g. stevelivetestsite.wildapricot.org).
- Click the two check boxes at the bottom.
- Click Finish.
- Enter your Wild Apricot user name and password.
- Click the Remember my credentials checkbox.
- Click the ОK button.
Now you should see a WebDAV drive that you can expand to view folders and files on your Wild Apricot account.
You can access this drive in the future under the Computer listing in Windows Explorer. For more information, see Managing files using WebDAV.
- If your credentials are not accepted when you try to connect to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV, you may have to set up the network drive again.