Setting Up WebDAV in Windows 8
You can use WebDAV to manage the files in your Wild Apricot account.
Connecting to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV
To connect to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV on Windows 8, follow these steps:
- Display the Windows File Explorer. To display File Explorer, you can right click over the Start button and select File Explorer (Windows 8.1 or later), or you can search for File Explorer by pressing the Windows key + S.
- From the File Explorer, right click over This PC or Computer within the navigation pane on the left.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, select Add network location.
- Within the Add Network Location Wizard, click the Next button.
- On the next screen, click the Choose a custom network location option then click the Next button.
- In the Internet or network address box on the next screen, enter
(where your_site_url is the URL of your Wild Apricot site. For example, if your Wild Apricot site is stevelivetestsite.wildapricot.org, you would enter _ _.
- Click the Next button.
- When prompted, enter your Wild Apricot user name and password, and check the Remember my credentials checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
- When prompted, enter a name for your WebDAV connection (e.g. WebDAV to Wild Apricot site).
- Click Finish.
Now you should see a WebDAV drive that you can expand to view folders and files in your Wild Apricot account.
You can access this drive in the future under the This PC or Computer listing in Windows Explorer. For more information, see Managing files using WebDAV.