Setting Up WebDAV in Windows Vista
You can use WebDAV to manage the files in your Wild Apricot account.
To use WebDAV on a computer running Windows Windows Vista, you must install Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders. You can download this from the Microsoft Download Center at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64.
After you've downloaded and installed Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders, you can map a network drive to your Wild Apricot account, then connect to the account.
Connecting to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV
To connect to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV on Windows 7, follow these steps:
- From the Windows Start menu, click Computer.
- Within the Computer window that appears, click Map network drive.
- On the Map Network Drive dialog, click the Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures link.
- On the dialog that appears, click Next.
- On the dialog that appears, select Choose a custom network location then click Next.
In the Internet or network address field, enter your WebDAV address:(where your_site_url is the URL of your Wild Apricot site e.g. stevelivetestsite.wildapricot.org), then click Next.
- Enter your Wild Apricot user name and password.
- Click the Remember me checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
- Give your new network location a name then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Now, you should see a window displaying the files and folders in your Wild Apricot account.
You can access these files in the future under the Network Locations listing in Windows Explorer. For more information, see Managing files using WebDAV.