Setting Up WebDAV in Windows XP
You can use WebDAV to manage the files in your Wild Apricot account.
Connecting to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV
To connect to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV on Windows XP, follow these steps:
- From the Windows Start menu, click My Network Places.
- From the My Network Places dialog, click Add network place.
- On the next screen, select Choose another network location option then click Next.
In the Internet or network address field, enter your WebDAV address:(where your_site_url is the URL of your Wild Apricot site e.g. stevelivetestsite.wildapricot.org), then click Next.
- Enter your Wild Apricot user name and password then click OK.
- Give your new network place a name then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Now, you should see a window displaying the folders and files in your Wild Apricot account.
You can access these files in the future under the My Network Places listing in Windows Explorer. For more information, see Managing files using WebDAV.
- If your credentials are not accepted when you try to connect to your Wild Apricot account via WebDAV, you may have to set up the network place again.
- If you have multiple people using WebDAV to connect to your Wild Apricot account from different computers, you may have to refresh the file listing – by pressing F5 on your keyboard – to view files or folders added by other users.