Suspending a membership
You may wish to suspend someone's membership for a variety of reasons. You can also suspend a member to convert the member into a contact.
What you need to know
- Suspending a member will:
- Remove the membership so that the member become a non-member contact
- Hide them from any member directory
- Keep an archive of their membership level and status
- Keep all their contact information as it was before (e.g. you can still send emails to this person)
- If the member has recurring payments with PayPal, suspending the member will not stop the recurring payments on the former member's card. The recurring payments must be stopped manually.
- When you suspend a bundle administrator, you automatically suspend all the members of that bundle. If you want to suspend just the bundle administrator, first change who is the bundle administrator, then suspend the now ex-bundle administrator.
- Since suspended members are non-member contacts, they continue to count against your account's contact database limit .
- A suspended member – now a regular contact – can apply for membership like anyone else.
How to suspend a member
To suspend a membership, follow these steps:
- Display the member's contact details.
- Click the Membership tab.
- Click the Suspend button.
- Click OK to confirm.
Reinstating a suspended member
If, at a later date, you wish to reinstate a suspended member, you can click on the Resume button within their membership tab.
This will reactivate them to their previous membership level with all their details intact.
Viewing suspended members
To view a list of suspended members, go to your contacts list and perform a simple search with suspended as the search string.
or perform an advanced member search and choose the Record status criterion then select the Suspended value.