Working with email drafts
Wild Apricot lets you save an email you are working on so you can finish it or send it at a later time. You can send it manually or schedule it for delivery at a particular date and time. For instructions on how to create an email, see Sending email blasts.
Viewing and filtering email drafts
To view a list of your email drafts, hover over the Email menu and click Emails, or just click the Email menu. The Emails list that appears will display all your unsent emails, including both scheduled emails and unscheduled email drafts.
For each draft, the subject of the email is displayed, along with the date of the last change, and the name of the person who last updated the draft.
You can filter the Emails list in several ways:
- To show only those emails whose subject or details matches a particular search string, enter that string in the Quick search field.
- To show only those emails that you have created or edited, set the Show filter to My. To show all emails, set the Show filter to Anyone.
- To show just scheduled emails, set the Status filter to Scheduled. To show just unscheduled email drafts, set the Status filter to Drafts. To show all emails regardless of status, set the Status filter to All.
These filter options work in combination. For example, if you set the Show filter to My, set the Status filter to Scheduled, and enter a search string in the Quick search field, then only scheduled emails that you have created or modified that match the search string will be displayed.
Saving email drafts
To save the email you are editing as a draft, click the EXIT menu in the upper right corner of the email wizard, and click the Save and exit option.
Modifying saved email drafts
To resume editing an unscheduled email draft, click on its subject within the Emails list.
To modify a scheduled email, you have to pause it by hovering over the email within the Emails list and clicking the Pause button.
Now, you can click the email subject to open the email wizard and modify your message.
Deleting an email draft
To delete an unscheduled email draft, hover over the draft within the list and click the Delete button at the end of the row.
To delete a scheduled email, hover over the email, click the Pause button, then click the Delete button.
Deleting the draft will remove it permanently.
Sending email drafts
To send an email draft, follow these steps:
- Within the Emails list, click the subject of the email draft you want to send.
- Make any required changes to the email.
- Make any required adjustments to the recipient list. The default recipient list will consist of the contacts you originally selected when you saved the draft.
- Click Review & send (step #5).
- If there are no issues that need fixing, click the Send button. If there are issues, click the link beside each error message to address the issue.
For more information, see Sending email blasts.